Job Posting – Director of Christian Education
Calvary Presbyterian Church PC(USA) is a church actively engaged in making a difference in our community and the world
around us. As followers of Christ, we are called to be curious learners about God and develop vibrant faith.
The church is currently in the process of renovating and modernizing a 1,300 square foot youth area to include a new
drop ceiling, led lighting, paint, flooring, comfortable modern furniture, juice bar, and updated electrical to support a
projector and worship band area. Calvary is committed to youth, and this renovation will provide an inviting space for
youth programs and ministry.
The Director of Christian Education, with the assistance and direction of the Christian Education (CE) Committee, plans,
develops, supervises the Christian Education ministry for children, youth and adults.
• Committed Christian with a desire to teach and nurture others in the faith.
• Communicates effectively with individuals, families, volunteers, committees, and staff.
• Initiate, implement, and oversee religious curriculum development in partnership with the CE Committee.
• Plan, promote, and coordinate CE events (Lent, Advent, VBS, summer events).
• Oversee the recruitment of and provide training to volunteer teachers and helpers for all CE programs.
• Support youth activities and events outside of Calvary.
• Organize and lead a summer youth mission trip, and weekend retreats, mission, or service projects, including
associated recruiting, training, and fundraising events.
• Create and implement a strategic plan for campus ministries including daily interactions for on-campus students
and outreach for online adult students.
• Support diversity and inclusiveness of all people within and outside of Calvary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The position is full-time. Must be able to work on Sunday mornings and holidays as needed.
• A bachelor’s degree or teaching experience in working with youth.
• Attendance at staff and monthly committee meetings (evening), special events, Sunday School, Worship, and
other in-person meetings is expected.
• Experience in Office 365 and social media.
• High-energy person with strong organizational and team-building skills.
• Health Reimbursement Arrangement
• Simple IRA (3% matching)
• Paid Time Off
• Professional Development Assistance
• $37,000 – $41,000
How to Apply:
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and Three Professional References to: email@example.com or Calvary
Presbyterian Church 695 School Street Indiana, PA 15701
Questions, please call (724) 463-9197